Well the day finally had to come at some point....After taking 4 months of maternity leave Mommy returned to work on October 1st. The sinking feeling started a few days before the "big day" and only got worse. The best way I can describe it was the jitters you get before your first day of school - but worse because there wasn't much to look forward to! ;-) All in all the transition went fine. Fortunately Nana & Nani were passing through town at the same time so we decided to have them watch Kam my first few days back to work to help us ease into our new routine. After forcing myself to leave that morning because I knew I was only making it worse by prolonging the goodbyes, I did ok. This was the longest I have been away from Kamran. It was hard to leave him and I missed him very much. I was very excited to see him when I came back home that evening!

Kamran started daycare full time the following Monday on October 5th. Daddy came with us for Kam's first day for some added emotional support - more so for Mommy than anyone else! ;-) So far Kamran has been doing well in daycare. He seems to really like his teachers and has adapted to his surroundings without any major problems. His daycare is right next to Mommy's work - just one parking lot over. It's nice to have him close by for many reasons, but most especially on those days when I have free moment and can stop by for a quick visit!
2 comments:
Hope the transition is continuing to go well, especially for Mommy! Kamran has changed so much since I've seen him last - even cuter!!!!
I'm proud of both of you as you make the tough transition! I miss you guys!
Post a Comment