Saturday, June 20, 2009

Date Night

On Saturday evening I decided to take a big step - per my suggestion a date night. We left Kamran with my parents, Nana & Nani.



I started to feel guilty the second Kamran woke up from his nap which was just about the same time we were heading out the door. I probably would have felt much better about the situation had he been asleep when we left. We didn't go too far, about 10 minutes from the house but it felt far enough for our first outing without Kamran.

I must admit that I thought it was going to be much easier to leave Kamran alone for a few hours, especially since he was with my parents. I called home three times during the two hours we were away but the grandparents were patient and humoured me!

Nana and Nani had a great time with Kamran and said he was gem! I missed him tons and loved on him so much when we got back, so much that I wasn't the normal crankpot during the night feedings! For those that know how much I cherish my sleep, that's saying A LOT!

2 comments:

Jill said...

so glad that you had a date night!!!! way to go!!
And PLEASE continue to do it regularly. It will get easier and easier to go away.... and you won't even think about calling home :-)
enjoy!

Rebecca Pelletier said...

Good for you! He's so cute!! I'm sure its tough to leave him-but I agree it is so important to keep Mommy & Daddy happy!Now if I could convince my sister!