Friday, June 19, 2009

2 Weeks Old!

It's hard to believe Kamran is already 2 weeks old! We have already noticed changes in him since he was born. Some of his changes include being more alert during the day, having a tighter grasp, grins more (only while he sleeps) and makes more eye contact (our favorite!).

This week included a two week checkup with the pediatrician . Kamran is up to 6lbs! His next checkup won't be until August. We have also been attempting to give him a few minutes of tummy time every day. Kamran is not a fan but is slowly warming up to it. Mehul and I couldn't resist posting this picture we took during his first few attempts at tummy time.


So what else is Kamran up to these days? As with most newborns, Kamran spent most of his first week sleeping and only seemed to cry when he was hungry or needed a diaper change. Mehul and I thought we were getting off lucky! But Kamran had other plans for his parents! ;-) Kamran has been more fussy in his second week. He usually doesn't get fussy until it's time for us to sleep - go figure! Mehul calls it his "party time". Like his father, Kamran is a night owl! Fortunately Kam is on his best behavior for his visitors. The first few nights were horrible because Mehul and I could not figure out what was bothering him. After initially freaking out at his hysterical cries and not knowing what was wrong (admittedly it was me freaking and Mehul trying to calm the both of us down!), we think he is gassy and uncomfortable from the formula we are supplementing. In addition to nursing we are also giving the little man formula to add more meat to his bones! :-) We have switched formulas and it seems to be working. Keep your fingers crossed!

I'm feeling gulity for only posting a picture of him crying so I'll end with another one that I love!


1 comment:

Soma said...

I love reading these posts! Keep them coming :) I hope Kam does better with tummy time than Kadyn. She NEVER warmed up to it, which is probably why she never crawled. He's looking so cute!