Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kamran's Sixth Day

On Wednesday Dadi performed a tradition in her family called the "Sixth Day" birth cermony for Kamran. The sixth day is a personal ceremony performed by the family elders on the sixth day after the child's birth. The belief of the ceremony is that the goddess of destiny will write the destiny of the newborn.







Mehul's cousins - Falgu, Milan, and Mitesh also came by for a visit.



We decided to open a bottle of champage (thanks Diena & Wes!) to celebrate Kamran's birth. I was so excited to have my very first drink after 9 months (after I neurotically cleared this with a couple of doctor's and planned it so that it was a few hours before Kam's next feeding)!

1 comment:

Soma said...

Awesome that you indulged and celebrated - what a great idea! After having Kadyn and having gestational diabetes, I celebrated with pizza and a coke. I think I'll step it up next time....